Lara is a Master of Architecture student at the Peter Guo Fu Hua School of Architecture at McGill University in Montreal. She holds a Bachelor of Architecture Studies with Honours from the University of Waterloo in Cambridge, Ontario and an Cello Performers diploma with Distinction from the Royal Conservatory of Toronto. She speaks English, French, and Mandarin and has worked for architecture studios in Toronto, London, Paris, and New York on Interior, Graphic, and Architectural design.
REX ARCHITECTURE, New York, USA, 2017-2018
-Intern member of Brown University Performing Arts Center team, creating drawings, physical and digital models, render images, and VR walkthroughs
-Assistant to marketing dept. creating images for promotional releases and and awards applications
STUDIO VINCENT ESCHALIER, Paris, France, 2017
- Core member of Patisserie design team from proposal to construction responsible for Sketchup model, CAD drawings and visualization. Involved in designing plan and details, meeting with clients, decorator, and materials suppliers.
- Assistant site supervisor, draftsperson and visualizer in Sketchup for CA phase of Colonie Apartment Retrofit
- Visualized and drafted spaces and details for consultation and verification on various projects
KPMB ARCHITECTS, Toronto Canada, 2014, 2016
- Core member of Theatre Centre and Office Complex competition teams, responsible for massing development, 3D modeling and visualization in Revit. Plan designer and member of final physical model and presentation drawing production team.
- Sole drafting and visualization assistant to Principal Chris Couse on multiple small preliminary pursuits.
- Detail draftsperson for CD and CA phases of Globe and Mail headquarters Interior Fit-Out
- Draftsperson and plan designer for DD phase of UPENN Perelmann Centre for Political Science and Economics
ATELIER CHANG, London, England, 2015
- Spearheaded iLight Marina Bay 2016 lighting installation competition entry. Solely responsible for entry design, Rhino/Grasshopper model, development, and presentation, and helped with budgeting and materials.
- Developed preliminary concept and massing for ARCHTripumph 2016 Pavilion Competition entry
- Surveyed, designed, drafted, modeled and rendered for Predesign & SD phase Morton Mews Townhouse
- Site plan designer, visualizer, and drawing editor for hospitality projects
UNIVERSITY OF WATERLOO, Cambridge, Canada, 2012-Present
- Fourth Year Candidate for Bachelor of Architecture, class of 2017, with President’s Scholarship
- Core studio, structures and building science, and architectural and cultural history 2012-pres
- Electives in Environmental Design and Graphic Design. Music and sound director for school play. 2014
- Electives in GIS Mapping Lab and Chair Design-Build Workshop 2015
ROYAL CONSERVATORY OF MUSIC, Toronto, Canada, 2010-2012
- Recipient of Associate of the Royal Conservatory of Toronto (ARCT) Diploma for Cello Performance, with First Class Honours, 2013
- Graduate of the Taylor Academy for Young Artists music program with cello focus, 2012
3D - Revit, Rhino, Sketchup, Inventor
2D - AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premier
Visualization - V-Ray for Sketchup and Rhino, Maxwell for Rhino, Autodesk Cloud for Revit
Data Processing - Grasshopper, ArcGIS, Excel
Modeling - CNC, Lasercutter, wood shop heavy and table tools, Makerbot 3D printing
- Fluent Native in English
- Proficient in French
- Beginner in Mandarin
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Featured in Waterloo Architecture Spring 2015, Fall 2015, and Fall 2016 Student Work Exhibitions
- UW International Experience Award, 2016, 2017
- Ontario Global Edge Award, 2015
- TA Blakelock high school Technological Design and Visual Arts excellence awards, and graduate on Dean’s List, 2012
- Royal Conservatory of Music “Young Artists’ Performance Scholarship” 2010, 2011 and Oakville Symphony Orchestra “Young Artist Award”